Preparing Your Home for Sale or Rent
Preparing your home for sale or rent means making it as attractive as possible for the potential customer. Signature Real Estate has extensive experience marketing and presenting your home in its most attractive light.
Signature can help you with all of the following tips on preparing your home for market. Call us today at 336-293-7157.
- Examine curb appeal with a critical eye. Make simple repairs/renovations, paint, cutt back overgrown or dead bushes and trees, and spruce up the yard.
- Declutter. Put away anything that is not essential, such as family photos, collections, etc. You want potential buyers to be able to envision the house as their own.
- Stage your home. Properly staging a home can increase a chance for sale in any market. It is more than repairs, decorating and cleaning. Staging helps the home appear bigger, brighter, cleaner, warmer and more loving so that buyers will want to buy your home in particular. Hire a professional home stager or read one of the popular books, such as “Home Staging: The Winning Way to Sell Your House for More Money.”
- Make sure there is a visual tour of your home on the real estate agent’s site. This feature increases your chances of getting your house sold.
- Price your home competitively. Your price should match those of recently sold, comparable homes in the area. If prices in your area are changing rapidly, look back only about three months, six if they have changed slowly or remained the same.
- Use social media to market your home. Create a blog with simple, free software on blogspot.com, which essentially creates a Web site for your house. Use the blog for detailed descriptions of your home, neighborhood, schools and community and add a lot of great pictures and even a video tour. Then, e-mail the link to all your friends, post it on Facebook and “tweet” about it through Twitter.